EntertainmentHeadlinesRoyal

Meghan and Harry’s ‘secret wedding’ bombshell that was given 7-word rebuke

Meghan and Harry’s ‘secret wedding’ bombshell that was given 7-word rebuke

Meghan Markle previously made a major bombshell claim about her marriage to Prince Harry. The 44-year-old once revealed in an interview that they allegedly tied the knot a few days before their huge wedding in Windsor.

The couple now reside in California with their two children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, who will turn five next month. Their lavish royal wedding took place on May 19, 2018, but Meghan revealed that they had actually exchanged vows a few days prior.

As reported by The Mail, she said: “Three days before our wedding, we got married.”

She then added: “No one knows that but we called the Archbishop and we just said, ‘Look, this thing, this spectacle is for the world but we want our union [to be] between us.”

The former working royal then said they had the private ceremony in the garden at Nottingham Cottage, which is located on the grounds of Kensington Palace.

With many shocked by Meghan’s comment, the claim was quickly debunked as the General Registrar Office revealed that Harry and Meghan were officially married on May 19, 2018 – the day of their star-studded wedding.

The Archbishop Justin Welby, who the couple claimed married them days before at on the grounds of Kensington Palace, also denied marrying the couple before the legal wedding.

He did, however, reveal that he did meet the couple beforehand “in a private and pastoral setting” – but that they did not exchange vows.

He previously told Italy’s La Repubblica newspaper in a seven word rebuke to Meghan’s claims: “The legal wedding was on the Saturday [May 19]

“I signed the wedding certificate which is a legal document and I would have committed a serious criminal offence if I signed it knowing it was false.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button