Connect with us

Entertainment

Exclusive: Tom Brady Could Walk Away From Massive FOX Sports Deal

Published

on

Seven-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady could reportedly walk away from his massive deal with FOX Sports.

New York Post senior sports media writer Andrew Marchand, who initially reported Brady’s FOX Sports deal prior to the quarterback’s NFL retirement, said that the 49-year-old was more likely to pass on the reported $375 million deal during the latest episode of the Marchand and Ourand Sports Media Postcast.

“I’ve talked to a couple of people recently close to Brady and I kind of feel like I’m going more 49 percent chance he does it, 51 percent chance he doesn’t,” Marchand said. “I don’t think he wants to travel that much. … I think Brady’s a guy who if he’s in, he’s all in. So he’s not going to be showing up day of games like [former FOX Sports and current ESPN commentators] Joe Buck and [Troy] Aikman do sometimes. He’s going to be there early if he’s going to do it, so it’s a four-day event. … He shares his kids with [his ex-wife] Gisele [Bundchen]. I think that’s very important to him, and he can make money elsewhere.”

Brady revealed that he won’t begin his new gig until the 2024 NFL season during an appearance on The Herd with Colin Cowherd one week after his retirement announcement in February.

“One thing about my career, whether that was when I was drafted by the Patriots or signed in free agency with the Bucs, I wanted to be fully committed,” Brady said. “I never wanted to let people down — I think my biggest motivator was that.”

“So, even in the future I want to be great at what I do and that always takes some time and strategizing and learning and growing and evolving.”

Last May, FOX Sports said it didn’t plan to use Brady for the Super Bowl even if the Buccaneers were eliminated prior to the championship game. The decision came shortly after Andrew Marchand of the New York Post. reported that Brady agreed to a 10-year, $375 million deal to become FOX Sports’ new NFL lead analyst whenever he retires.

Brady announced he’s “retiring for good” after 23 NFL seasons in a video shared on his Twitter account Wednesday (February 1). The 45-year-old had previously announced his retirement last offseason before announcing his decision to return several weeks later.

I know the process was a pretty big deal last time so when I woke up this morning I figured I’d just press record and let you guys know first so it won’t be long winded,” Brady said. “You only get one super emotional retirement essay and I used mine up last year so, really, thank you guys so much for supporting me. My family, my friends, my teammates, my competitors. I could go on forever. There’s too many. Thank you guys for allowing me to live my absolute dream. I wouldn’t change a thing. I love you all.”

Brady was set to become a free agent this offseason if he decided to continue his NFL career. The San Mateo native has a massive contract to become FOX Sports’ lead NFL analyst beginning after the conclusion of his playing career.

Brady signed with the Buccaneers during the 2020 offseason following 20 seasons with the New England Patriots, which included six Super Bowl victories.

Tampa Bay defeated the Kansas City Chiefs, 31-9, in Super Bowl LV during Brady’s first season with the franchise. The 45-year-old is the NFL’s all-time passing leader for yards and touchdowns, as well as quarterback wins, among numerous other records.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2023 Airsportt. powered by WordPress.